15 June 2010

Why Did You Get Up?

What gets you out of bed in the morning?
The comedic answer is "I have to pee and I'm hungry", but on a more serious facet most people do not know or understand why they feel compelled to get out of bed. They don't know what motivates their lives.

There are so many downsides to being an addict, but one of the positive aspects is having the ability to discern what is the most important thing in their lives. It is not a healthy or respectable reason for getting out of bed, persay, but an addict know what drives their lives and makes things complete for them.

The average person doesn't necessarily have that specific drive. There isn't the one thing that pushes them to start their day. They just get up and go throughout the day by trying to get by with minimal hassles. Although some may say the motivation is a drive to succeed, that goal is so intangible. What is success and how do you know if you've attained it? Success can be monetary, social, or career related, but who sets those standards? There are too many glittering generalities associated with success.

Why do I get up in the morning? I can try to tell you, but I'm not certain. I can say that there are people who love me and want to see me do well. There are things that need to be done, and things that make me momentarily happy. It's not concrete, and I know that it certainly isn't specific enough for my liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment