24 March 2010

Here's To The World

There are things that are not visible if one simply looks at my resume, my transcript, the college I attend, or the degree I earn. The world cannot look at my paperwork and see that I am a true friend, a lover, a person you can rely on, a person who listens. The world will not know that I spent the early part of nighttime staring at the stars, attending a concert, and taking photographs with my dearest friends. I can not show the world just how much each and every little activity has affected me, and how it has changed me as a human being. I can not even begin to describe how much the stroke of my brush across canvas makes me feel, nor can I tell the world how much I have dreamed about falling in love with the perfect man, how I've dreamed about becoming recognized as an artist. Upon observation of my statistics and lists that supposedly describe me, the world can not know that wherever I go, wherever I end up, I will paint, smile, laugh, calculate, sing out of key, write, rhyme, joke, listen, console, talk, dream, pray, read, love, and create. Maybe there is a chance that the world will not acknowledge my accomplishments that are documented on paper, but I can hope that someday it will be inspired enough to sense my footsteps across it's terrain and maybe amidst all the others hear what I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment