09 March 2010

"More To Be Seen Than Could Ever Be Seen"

I have always been described as being different. In elementary school, I was smart, but different. I was a book nerd and quite a bit of a tomboy. In middle school, I tried to blaze my own path but was stopped short when I found that I couldn't manage to pull off the Avril-straight hair and still have time to socialize. Right around 8th grade I had managed to find a circle of friends that I was 100% comfortable with, and the hormones had settled down for the most part. But I was still different even within my friends. I was the intellectual with a flair for art and assorted interest that seemingly sprung from no where. For a week, I'd be obsessed with discovering everything I could about Andy Warhol's childhood, and the next week, I'd be focused on learning the history behind the Sound of Music. Meanwhile, my friends focused on learning how to drink coffee, reading Stephen King novels, and ice skating perfectly. My interest never stayed that long, and I was literally all over the place.

Far to much to take in here
More to find than could ever be found
-Circle of Life

No comments:

Post a Comment