07 September 2010

Love Song

If I were a composer I’d write a song for you, every phrase a phase in our love, every crescendo rising to the utmost harmony of us together. Resting rarely, for the silence could indicate tenseness between us. Fermatas would reveal the story of our love and how we will sustain through until the ultimate end. The refrain would never breathe, because you, my inspiration for this whole thing, leave me breathless. The chorus would rise and fall with every breath you took, and every beat of your heart would be marked with the staccato of a snare drum. Legato drawn, adagio phrases would paint pictures of our struggles as they echoed hauntingly in the lonely key of C-, while tiny accidentals would prove that we can indeed change the tone and modulate to happier times. If I could write a song, there would be a whole divisi section showcasing our beautiful synchrony and harmony together. There would be no counterpoint there, same beat, same time; slightly different notes blending sonorously together like our voices. The notes would be skipping, falling out of the instruments, not just blurring together as if someone held the piano pedal. If I could write a song, every black mark, every swirl of a clef, every bit of white space and black line would be for you. I’d write it to watch you smile, to see your happiness. I want you to be happy. You deserve it more than anyone I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment